There is a ton of talk about the new rules in place for 2019. It will have a ripple effect on AAU club teams and most importantly on elite, still mid-level AAU teams. Here are a couple of the best must-read articles about the changes.
- Undrafted college players can return to school … if they were invited to the combine
- The NCAA is allowing “elite” high school players and any college player to be represented by an agent
- The NCAA no longer has to do its own investigating into rule breakers
- Grassroots basketball will have less influence
- …There is a lot still to be figured out
Doug DeVries has been working in youth basketball for over 25 years. He has a passion to see sports in balance in life, for kids to thrive in sports, and for parents to enjoy the entire process.